The perfect frosty craft project for little ones!
Fact: the festive season is more fun when you drape your home with Christmas decorations – and never more so than when they’re homemade! To lend a frosty, traditional Christmas feel to your home, why not make some paper snowflake decorations.
There are plenty of ways to style them throughout the home You can cover a window with different sized flakes, stick them to a large mirror for a floating effect, or use them to create matching cards and wrapping. if you’re using white gift wrapping, cut snowflakes from pale-coloured paper for contrast – silver-grey works beautifully, while pearlescent paper can add a snowy gleam to a parcel.
Just follow these simple steps to bring a little magic into your home with some delicate paper snowflakes.
What you’ll need:
How to make paper snowflakes
- Big flakes are easier to cut, so start with larger sheets of paper, then move onto smaller sheets (and flakes) once you’re more confident.
- Fold a square piece of paper in half to make a triangle.
- Fold the triangle in half again, then into thirds.
- Cut around the edges of your folded paper any way you like, then open up the folds to reveal your snowflake.
- to make your snowflake really sparkle, dab glue on the tips and sprinkle the glitter until it sticks.