With ANZ, Homes to Love is exploring the ways we live now, under the theme of ‘Small Homes’ – and how this trend allows us to live and build today
- Dispense with cupboards. A kitchen made of drawers is a beautiful, practical thing; a pantry with internal soft-closing drawers is the stuff of dreams.
- Use clean fittings and a simple material palette, and if you can afford it invest in integrated rangehood and fridge to reduce visual clutter.
- Go high: turn every bit of space into storage and build cabinetry as close to the ceiling as possible.
- Be prepared: measure the volume of the new kitchen versus the old and allocate drawers to specific functions.
- Make it flow. There are various theories on how to lay out your kitchen – creating a triangle between the sink, stove and fridge, for example – but make it work for you.