With ANZ, Homes to Love is exploring the ways we live now, under the theme of ‘Mixed Materials’ – and how this trend allows us to live and build today.
The 5 rules:
- Get the architecture right. Beautiful materials are an expression of good design, not the other way around.
- Choose quality materials that last and age well – mixing it up is no excuse for making it cheap.
- Make it practical – the terracotta cladding on the exterior of the Cook house acts as a fire-proofing mechanism, allowing them to build closer to the boundary.
- Keep it real. Choose products that have authenticity – timber, metal and stone have honesty and rigour, even when used in creative ways.
- Get a good builder. You’ll need a craftsman to make this work.