What’s a Christmas feast without the snap of a cracker? If you’re wondering how to make your own Christmas crackers, these DIY ideas are a great way to ensure your crackers look great on the table, and the goodies inside are exactly what you want
4 easy DIY Christmas crackers for every style
+ Paper/material of choice
+ Cardboard tubes, cut into 10cm lengths, or pre-made bon bon crackers from Spotlight
+ Long cracker snaps – these can be found at Spotlight or Etsy
+ Sticky tape – this can be found at Spotlight
+ String or ribbon of choice – this can be found at Spotlight
+ Small gifts or lollies/some good jokes
- Cut strips of chosen material to cover each tube, leaving enough overhanging on each side to twist into a bonbon shape.
- Insert a snap in each tube, ensuring each end aligns with the material ends of the bonbon. Secure with a little tape inside the tube.
- Wrap the tubes with prepared material. Gently twist one end and secure with the string/ribbon, being careful not to scrunch or tear it.
- Fill the cardboard tubes with small gifts or lollies
- Secure the other end of the bonbon with string/ribbon, being careful not to crush the shape.
Scroll down for four fabulous and creative ideas for DIY Christmas crackers
1. Animal character Christmas crackers
2. Natural rustic Christmas crackers
3. Felt style Christmas crackers
4. Luxe look Christmas crackers
For more expert advice this festive season, check out our guide to keeping your Christmas tree fresh for longer.