Minimalism rules in this simple scheme perfect for a beautifully modern home. We show you where to shop and how to style this look
How to give your bathroom a minimalist look that’s not boring
Having a neutral colour scheme doesn’t have to be boring. By using the right mix of materials and adding interest with hardware and accessories, a simple colour palette can make a serious style statement. A mainly white look can create the illusion of space, making it perfect for smaller spaces. Louise Cook, National Product Manager from Mico Bathrooms, shows us why the minimalism trend is still going strong in bathroom design.
Louise’s bathroom reno tips
- Choose your style: What style suits you as a person or family and fits best with the era of your home? Mico Bathrooms’ Bathroom Book is a great source of inspiration. It can help you find a style that’s right for you – and that balances with the look of your home.
- Plan your space: Mico Bathrooms’ interactive bathroom planner allows you to visualise your space in 3D before making any big decisions.
- Choose your statement pieces: Pick out the big-ticket items first. Your choice in vanities and bathtubs will influence and impact your other purchases.
How to achieve a minimalist look
- Room layout and design is key: You want it to feel spacious, so the size of your bath, vanity, toilet, tiles, tapware and accessories need to be in proportion. Balance is the goal.
- Keep your colour neutral: White and grey are your stars but a pop of matte black in tapware can offer an industrial edge. If you’re after a more classic look, go for chrome instead.
- Plenty of storage: Ensure storage is built in so you can keep everything tidily away. Hidden shelving behind the mirror is a great place to store everyday necessities like toothbrushes and toothpaste.
Be inspired with Mico Bathrooms
For more expert bathroom decor tips and to use the interactive bathroom planner, visit mico.co.nz