With these items always on hand you’ll be covered for those summer days and nights with friends and family.
Delmaine Fine Foods have partnered with the masters of platter creations, OnBoard Kitchen to give you a simple guide to create the ultimate summer platter with four Delmaine essentials.
1. Start with your Delmaine Antipasto essentials
- Olives – we’ve used the traditional Kalamata varietal for the intensity of flavour and firm flesh.
- Sundried tomatoes – a key foundation adding a rich full tomatoey flavour, and contrasting colour and texture.
- Cocktail onions – enhancing the taste of other platter items, the sweetness of the silver-skin onion is counter-balanced by the tang of vinegar
- Cornichons – these crunchy baby gherkins bring a tart element and a perfect complement to creamier items.
2. Once you’ve got your platter foundations add;
- Breads and crackers – use a variety of grains and textures.
- Fruits and vege – a great way to bring colour and a touch of sweetness.
- Cheeses – goes without saying.
- Cured meats – salami and ham always go down well or switch out to a smoked fish or grilled chicken for a twist.
3. Think about your presentation
- We love wooden boards with small bowls and plates to section the different elements and add varying height levels.
- Use seasonal product to bring colour to your platter. Delmaine Tri Colour Jalapenos or Red Capsicums are pantry staples that you can have on hand for that pop of colour.
- Have fun with linens and utensils like antipasto forks and spoons.
- Foliage like olives, rosemary or lemon is a clever trick to take presentation to the next level.