Create a tranquil and relaxing atmosphere for entertaining – and just being – with the use of soft blue hues throughout your home
How to decorate with blue paint for a coastal inspired makeover
- Using multiple shades of blue in a single room is a wonderful way to add layers to an interior while maintaining a minimalist feel. When it comes to the bedroom, tinting the wall behind your headboard in a slightly darker tone will add subtle depth.
- Balance this modern coastal colour palette by adding bright white either through your decor or the paint you choose for your ceilings and architraves.
- Nothing makes blue shine quite like pairing it with a cool grey shade for your flooring.
- Use Resene Colorwood ‘Whitewash’ to give wooden floorboards or furniture a beautiful, aged-oak look.
- A grey-based blue, such as Resene ‘Breathless’, is a great way to introduce blue into your home, as the colour is soft and subtle. What’s more, it is a lovely complement to blond wood flooring.
- If you’re all about a bold look, think beyond the walls and carry blue hues through to your ceiling, flooring and furniture.
All paint colours are from the Resene colour range. View A4 swatches of all colours in the colour library at your local Resene ColorShop. Colours are as accurate as printing allows. Always view a physical sample or try a Resene testpot before making your final choice.
Resene paints and colours are available from Resene ColorShops and resellers nationwide. resene.co.nz/colorshops or 0800 RESENE (737 363)
All furniture from BoConcept. Cavalier Bremworth Switzerland St Moritz carpet, from Carpet Court. Floral display by Mark Antonia. Coral, POA, from Republic Home. All other items stylist’s own.