The countdown to Christmas never looked so glam. Here’s how to make this luxe DIY advent calendar, plus tips on how to decorate your tree to match
DIY blue and gold advent calendar
- Kaisercraft Box Advent Calendar kit
- Kaisercraft Starry Night 12 x 12-inch paper pad
- Navy paint
- Gold washi tapes in miscellaneous shades
- Carefully separate the pieces of the Box Advent Calendar kit and sand smooth. Do not sand off the wider tabs as these are the ones you need to assemble.
- Before painting, put the unit together without gluing it so you know where each piece is positioned. Use navy paint to paint the back, shelves and all the edge pieces. Allow to dry and reassemble unit with dividers.
- Cut strips of blue brick patterned paper the width of the unit and adhere around the outside of the box. Cut another piece of the blue bricks into a rectangle the size of the frame and glue to the back piece. Cover the inside walls of the frame using patterned paper.
- Assemble all of the little boxes, taping together each side for added strength before covering in strips of paper.
- Cut up the page of numbers and adhere each square to the front of each box.
- Decorate the inside of the frame by cutting up floral elements from the papers and layering. Embellish further as desired.
Get the glam Christmas look
This year, forget the red and green combo of old. If you’re looking to step up your style to a more glamorous and luxurious festive look, opt for the timeless and modern pairing of blue and gold.
Don’t be afraid of a bit of shine and sparkle with this glam Christmas look; metallic blue and gold are a combination to take advantage of.
Compliment the rich gold and blue colour scheme with some smaller baubles in metallic shades of orange and deep purple. And finish the look off in a leafy gold flourish with a fabulous wreath on your front door.
Find more Christmas projects and decorations at Spotlight.