Superstar florist Eden Hessell, aka The Botanist shows you just how good green can be with this lush arrangement. This gorgeous, long-lasting alternative to flowers is perfect for parties, weddings – and of course, your home
You will need
- Wire hanging basket, spray painted matte white
- Florist oasis (floral foam)
- A water tight container
- Floral tape
- Green moss
- Monstera leaves
- Anthurium leaves
- Ruscus Milano
- (Or any other subtropical foliage)
- Soak florist’s oasis in water for at least 24 hours before use.
- Cut the oasis to fit into a watertight container. Ensure the oasis is high enough over the container to support the leaves. An easy way to achieve this is to add layers of the oasis into the container.
- Secure the oasis into the container with floral tape so it doesn’t fall out.
- Place into a wire hanging basket
- Starting with the biggest leaves first (in this case, Monstera), re-cut stems and firmly push stem downwards into oasis, creating a base of leaves lining the circumference of the basket.
- Allow the leaves to fall as naturally as possible, so keep a dome shape in mind while arranging.
- Remembering to re-cut stems, add Anthurium leaves and then the Ruscus Milano to soften the look. Work towards filling the gaps with the smaller leaves.
- Fill in any leftover gaps with the green moss.
Eden’s top tips
- Add water every couple of days to the oasis.
- This arrangement can be used for indoor or outdoor spaces, just ensure it’s kept out of direct sunlight.
- An arrangement like this should last approximately three weeks.
- When adding foliage stems to the oasis, take care not to make any unnecessary incisions to the oasis (e.g taking a stem out and re-arranging by making another hole). This will cause oasis to fall apart.