We all know marinade can take a simple dish to the next level, and we’re going crazy for this Delmaine marinade. Using pantry staples you can create this crowd-pleaser in next to no time.
If you’re like us and you love to host family and friends during bbq season, try this quick and easy marinade recipe. Prepare this flavour-packed marinade in advance, so all you have to do is turn on the bbq once everyone arrives, making your summertime hosting a breeze.
Mediterranean chicken marinade
- 2 x tablespoons Delmaine’s Wholegrain Mustard
- 2 x tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 x tablespoons Capers, drained
- 6 x Sundried Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 x crushed garlic cloves
- 3 x tablespoons rough chopped herbs (we used oregano and thyme)
- 2 x tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Throw everything together in the mortar and pestle, and grind for a minute or so, so it keeps a chunky consistency and isn’t a paste. The marinade is ready to work it’s magic on your chicken dish!
Tip: we love using sprigs of rosemary as a basting brush for the marinade in chicken. It works a treat and adds even more depth of flavour.
Follow Delmaine Fine Foods on Facebook or Instagram for more tips and tricks for delicious summer entertaining and dining.